Compassionate Immigration Services
Focusing on Family and General Immigration Services in Portland and the Surrounding Areas
Turn to our Lake Oswego immigration attorney for help with the following:
- Family-Based Immigration. If you have a qualifying relationship with a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, you may be eligible for a family-based green card. The status of your sponsor and your relationship to your sponsor will affect how long you may have to wait for your green card.
- Employment-Based Immigration. If you have a bona fide job offer from a U.S. employer, or you are investing a certain amount of capital into a U.S. enterprise, you may be eligible for an employment-based green card. Different types of employment and investment have different preferences and wait times.
- Green Cards. A green card signifies lawful permanent residence, which allows you to live and work permanently in the United States. You may apply for a green card from outside the U.S. (through consular processing) or from within the U.S. (through the adjustment of the status process).
- Citizenship and Naturalization. Individuals born in the United States aren’t the only ones who can enjoy the benefits of citizenship. If you are a lawful permanent resident and meet several other requirements, you may become a citizen through the naturalization process.
- Asylum. If you cannot return to your country of origin because you have a valid fear of persecution (based on religion, sex, political affiliation, or membership in another protected class), you may be able to obtain lawful status in the U.S., even if you entered the country illegally. Asylum status will eventually allow you to apply for a green card.
Many of our clients come to our firm with a general idea of what they want, but they aren’t sure where to start. If this is the case for you, we will take the time to help you understand your rights and legal options. The immigration process can seem daunting, but we are here to help you feel excited about the journey and confident about your future in the United States.
Why Choose Lexemy Law, LLC for Your Immigration Matter?
The immigration process can be confusing, time-consuming, and unpredictable, with even seemingly small mistakes on forms or paperwork costing you time and potentially jeopardizing your entire case. As such, you need an attorney you can trust to guide you every step of the way. At Lexemy Law, LLC, we are available to answer all of your questions and strive to be as accessible as possible, providing regular updates and reassurance about any potential challenges.
Our goal is to achieve the best possible results for your case, and we accomplish this by using an effective combination of proven legal strategies, compassionate client care, and an approachable style that puts your needs as a client at the center of everything we do.